Here at Vinfen, we provide services designed for you and your family. Our comprehensive array of services support the needs of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities as well as autism, physical disabilities, and visual and/or hearing impairments. Learn more about these services and how to enter these programs below. 

Vinfen is dedicated to creating innovative and genuine opportunities for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We achieve this by partnering with individuals, their families, their providers, their employers, and their communities. Vinfen’s person-centered approach is tailored to individual and family needs and circumstances. Services promote the opportunity for each person to receive specialized supports, which enable them to thrive, achieve their goals, and attain the highest level of independence. 

Currently, we support more than 1,000 individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in   over 100 service settings located throughout eastern Massachusetts. 

IDD+Brain Injury 022

Vinfen’s primary form of teaching intervention for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities has been Positive Behavior Support, which we implemented in 2006 as one of the first organizations in Massachusetts to do so. 

Vinfen also provides Long Term Services and Supports Community Partner Services to MassHealth enrollees with intellectual and developmental disabilities, behavioral health challenges, and brain injuries as a member of  LTSS Care Partners.


At Vinfen, our intellectual and Developmental Disability Services are available to people who are eligible to receive support through several different partners and funders including the Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services (DDS), MassHealth, Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission (MRC), Massachusetts Commission for the Blind (MCB), Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, and various cities and towns. Additionally, all services are eligible for private pay and other funding sources. 

To be approved for state-funded services please contact your state agency. Once determined eligible, we will coordinate referrals to Vinfen and other appropriate service providers. For more information about Vinfen services, please call (617) 441-1800.